Amid the lockdown, a company has gone viral for its amazing ‘stay at home’ package for workers – and netizens wished they could also enjoy the same from their companies.
Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon were placed on enhanced community quarantine that many still likened to a lockdown until April 14. This was done to stop the rapid spread of COVID-19 as cases continue to rise across the country, particularly in the NCR.
But the enhanced community quarantine has affected a lot of workers from various sectors. Plenty of companies announced that they are locking up until the end of the lockdown period. Others are downsizing because they can’t afford to pay their workers throughout the period because they won’t have any income.
Photo credit: The Manila Times
Small and big companies alike are hugely affected by the COVID-19 crisis. But many are praising the companies that provide benefits to their employees, including full salaries, even if they are not required to report to work.
One of this is Ezential Corporation, the company that makes and distributes Redjuice.
In a memo sent to all workers last March 16, everyone was told to stay at home. The company will provide most of their needs as long as they stay at home. They are warned to stay at home or risk losing their jobs if the company representatives discover they went out of their homes without any compelling reason.
Photo credit: PhilStar
The workers are allowed to go out to buy food or medicines or seek medical attention, but they should inform their immediate superior each time they do that. Throughout the enhanced community quarantine period, the management would conduct random surprise visits at the employees’ homes. They could be terminated with cause if they are not at home.
But with this impressive package, the employees have no reason not to stay at home. After all, they are paid to stay at home and enjoy these benefits:
Sample only; Photo credit: Mommy Fleur
- 1 month supply of basic grocery items such as canned goods and instant noodles
- 1 bag of rice (25kg)
- 2 cutoffs Advanced Salary for every regular employee and 1 cut-off for every newly hired employee
- Php 8,000 cash assistance for regular employees and 4,000 for newly hired employees
- Php 10,000 cash advance – for salary deduction starting on May 15, 2020 which will deduct P500 per cutoff, zero interest
- Php 1,000 hazard pay for every event that requires attendance
- Php 7,000 vacation allowance for every regular employee; however, 90% of attendance from January to March 15 is required to qualify
- Additional Php15,000 medical assistance for those who have not yet availed their previous privilege
Photo credit: The Daily Sentry
Impressive, huh? Many netizens felt a twinge of envy, saying that this company is amazing because it understands the needs of its workers.